This is a delicious rice dish full of flavour and colour.
I got this recipe from the Women's Weekly VEG OUT cookbook and have slightly altered what vegetables I use.
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 onion
- 2 gloves of crushed garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small capsicum
- 3 large mushrooms
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 3/4 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 10-12 green beans sliced length ways
- Flat leaf parsley to serve
- Place stock and water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Then take off heat and add a pinch of saffron.
- Heat oil in large frying pan and cook eggplant until golden. Remove eggplant from pan and set aside.
- Add died onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushroom and capsicum to pan and continue to stir until golden. Add paprika.
- Add rice and coat with vegetables. Then pour in stock. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once rice has softened add peas, beans and eggplant on top. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and let dish stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Add parley and serve.
- Enjoy :)