This recipe is from Coles Taste Magazine July edition. It was so easy to make and delicious! A weeknight favourite of mine and the perfect comfort food.
- 400g gold sweet potato, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 25g of butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 125g white cup or flat mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1/3 cup of cheese
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Combine the sweet potato and half the oil in a small baking dish. Roast for 10 mins. Add zucchini and roast for 8-10 mins or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock and 1 1/2 cups water to the boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered.
- Heat the butter and remaining oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, mushroom and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins or until onion softens. Add the rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until the grains appear glassy. Reduce heat to low. Add the stock, 1 ladleful at a time. Stir with a wooden spoon until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock (this should take about 25 mins).
- Add sweet potato mixture and peas to rice mixture with the last ladleful of stock. Cook for 2-3 mins or until heated through (the rice should be tender but firm to the bite). Stir in the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy :)