This is perfect for those colder nights. This recipe makes about 3-4 single serve pies.
- 1 x brown onion, diced
- 2 x garlic cloves crushed
- 1 x zucchini, diced
- 1 x carrot, crated or diced
- 5 x button mushrooms, diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g tin of diced tomato
- 1 x 400g tin brown lentils, drained
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 3 x white potatoes
- 1 slice of butter or vegan alternative
- Your favourite cheese
- Preheat over to 200 degrees.
- Saute onion and garlic in a large pan.
- Add sliced carrot, zucchini and mushrooms.
- Add rosemary, stock, bay leaves, tomato paste and diced tomatoes. Continue to stir over medium heat
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Make mash potato to top the pie.
- Once the mixture in pan has thickened remove bay leaves.
- Spoon mixture into single pie cups or large pie dish, whichever you prefer.
- Spoon mash potato on top and spread over the surface.
- Top with your favourite cheese (I used mozzarella).
- Cook in the oven for 20 mins until cheese is golden.
Method for mashed potato:
- Peel then cut potato to small cubes.
- Boil, microwave or steam potatoes until soft.
- Mashup the potato with butter, season with salt and pepper.