A hearty dish for those winter nights. I love the crunchy bread on top!!
This dish serves 4.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 1 red capsicum sliced
- 3 large mushrooms sliced
- 1 x 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
- A handful of fresh basil
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 1 cup of cheese (I used a mixture of tasty and reserve cheeses)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place oil in a large frying pan. Add sliced onion, garlic, zucchini, capsicum and mushrooms. Cook over low heat until vegetables start to soften.
- Add tomatoes and bring to the boil. Continuing to stir occasionally. Add basil leaves and simmer vegetables for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime break up baguette into bread crumbs and place in a large bowl. Mix in cheese.
- Remove vegetables from the stove and pour mixture into large baking dish.
- Top with cheese bread crumbs
- Cook in over for 15-20 minutes until bread crumbs and cheese is golden brown.
- Serve :)
Making the filling.
Serve with fresh basil.