This is my go to recipe for morning tea.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of hemp protein powder (I used H.alt)
- 3 tbs of shredded coconut
- 6 cracks of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large bananas, mashed with a fork
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Optional* 2 tbs of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 chia seed egg (Place 1 tablespoon of chia seeds in cup and add 3 tablespoons of water, wait for about 5 minutes, until it becomes a gel.)
- 3/4 cup of hemp or almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 a cup of frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180°. Grease a loaf pan with oil or nuttelex butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, almond flours, hemp protein powder, coconut, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Add in frozen blueberries and combine until berries are coated in flour.
- In a new bowl, combine the mashed bananas, coconut oil, coconut sugar, chia egg, milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour banana mixture into flour mixture.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are combined. Transfer to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife in the middle comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and enjoy.
*This bread can be cut up into slices and frozen too.