This recipe is packed with flavour and a great mid week meal.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red capsicum
- 2 greenJalapeño chillies finely chopped, seeds removed
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 x 400g tin of black beans
- 1 x 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup mixed quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Avocado and lime optional
- Add oil to a large fry pan. Saute onion and chillies.
- Add corn, black beans and died tomatoes. Stir.
- Add quinoa, cumin and chilli powder. Stir until combined.
- Pour in vegetable stock.
- Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is cooked. Remove from heat.
- Serve. Top with avocado and fresh lime juice.