Mac & Cheese with Sourdough Bread Crumbs.
- 400g macaroni pasta
- 5 slices of sourdough bread broken up into crumbs
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 2 cups of soy or almond milk
- 2 cups of grated cheese (I used vintage and tasty cheese)
- Chopped parsley, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni in a large pan of boiling water according to packet instructions.
- While the macaroni is cooking melt the butter in a medium saucepan and add the flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute over medium-low heat.
- Slowly add the milk, stirring until smooth. Stir gently until the mixture comes just to the boil, then reduce heat. Add paprika and mustard and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add 1/2 the grated cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to the pan. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta and stir until well coated. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Pour macaroni to a large baking tray top with breadcrumbs and remaining cheese.
- Cook until golden in over.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve. Enjoy :)