This recipe was so quick and easy to make! Perfect for those cooler nights too!
2 x 400g tins of crushed tomatoes (with basil added if you like)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 eggplant, diced
1 large brown onion, diced
1 red capsicum, diced
2 zucchinis, diced
2 tsp of crushed garlic
Fresh basil leaves to serve
Bread, toasted, to serve
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add eggplant to the tray and drizzle with 1 tbs of olive oil. Shake the tray to coat eggplant in oil. Bake eggplant in the oven until the eggplant is tender.
- Add the diced capsicum and zucchini to the tray with another tbs of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Shake the tray to coat the veggies and place back in the oven. Cook until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil to a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir through the crushed tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add in salt and pepper to season.
- Add the eggplant, capsicum and zucchini to the saucepan and continue to cook for another few minutes.
- Stir through the basil leaves.
- Serve with toasted sourdough and fresh basil on top. Enjoy :)