Makes 12. These muffins are easy to make, full of protein and vegan. I like having these for morning tea. You can also freeze them.
- 1 cup of plain flour or flour of your choice
- 1/3 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of protein, I used hemp protein
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 a cup of milk, I used almond milk
- 1/2 a cup of yoghurt, I used coconut milk
- 1/2 a cup of walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/8 cup of maple syrup (optional)
- Shredded coconut to top muffins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease muffin tray.
- Add flour, oats, protein, baking powder and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add in mashed banana, milk, yoghurt, walnuts and maple syrup. Stir until the mixture is combined.
- Evenly spoon the mixture into each muffin tin.
- Top with coconut and place in the oven to cook.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and serve with your favourite spread.