This is an easy to make egg free chocolate cake. I absolutely love the raspberry and cream to serve. This recipe is from taste.com.au.
- 3/4 cup grams of reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of SR flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 100grams of melted butter
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup caster sugar (I used 1/4 cup brown sugar instead as I try and limit my sugar intake where possible)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 caster sugar (I used 1 tablespoon of brown sugar)
- Dollop cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Grease and line base and sides of 22cm round cake tin.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a bowl. Add sugar, butter, water and ricotta. Stir well.
- Fold in raspberries.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 1h or until a knife comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning cake out onto a wire rack.
- To make sauce: Add raspberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons of water into a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Stirring regularly until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over cake and serve with fresh cream.