Chai Spiced Pancakes
1 & 1/4 cups of plain flour
1 & 1/2 cups of milk (I used h.alt hemp milk)
1/2 cup of mashed banana (2 small bananas)
2 heaped tsp of Chailords Chai Latte powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
Spiced caramel sauce
- 1 cup of milk, I used hemp milk
- 3/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of chailords chai latte powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp of corn flour
- A few cracks of salt
- Toasted macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Toss raw macadamia nuts in some melted coconut oil. Roast until golden and set aside to cool.
- Make spiced caramel sauce. Add milk and maple style to a small pot. Bring to the boil stirring consistency. Lower heat and add in chai powder, coconut oil, cornflour and salt. Simmer on low heat stirring until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Make pancakes. Add dry ingredients to a large bowl. Add in wet ingredients and stir until you have a smooth pancake mixture. If you like thinner pancakes add more milk.
- Using 1/3 cup, pour mixture into pan (you can use nuttelex, butter or nonstick spray to stop pancakes sticking). Cook each pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.Transfer pancakes to a plate. Cover loosely with a tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, spraying pan between each pancake.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and ENJOY these delicious pancakes!!!!