My mum use to cook me this all the time growing up, it is one of my favourite recipes.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 brown onion diced
- 2 large garlic gloves crushed
- 1 large broccoli head cut into pieces
- 5 button mushrooms diced
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon of plain flour
- 1 cup milk (I use soy milk)
- 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Add oil to large frying pan. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until soft. Add broccoli and stir.
- Pour in stock and place lid on pan. Simmer on low heat until broccoli turn bright green and soft.
- Sprinkle over plain flour and stir.
- Slowly add milk and continue to stir. Add salt, pepper and cheese. Continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- Serve with your favourite pasta and top with cheese.