Makes 4 medium sized pancakes. I love having these for breakfast on a Sunday morning. This recipe is vegan too.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup of soy or coconut milk
- 1 large ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- Small handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add milk, vanilla and banana and whisk until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with coconut oil.
- Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook each pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate. Cover loosely with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, spraying pan with cooking oil between each pancake.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.
Quick tip: If you have a blender or Nutri-Bullet you can add all ingredients (excluding blueberries) in that, blend then add blueberries to save time.